Cold Springs Trail?

Notifications
Clear all

Cold Springs Trail?

Man Pete, to stumble onto that trail, you were in the middle of no-where! Guessing you were doin some big game hunting. That trail is a great way to access the upper reaches of the Fish/Wash Creek drainage. Except for it being on a steady hill, its a great hike. 

Topic starter

Hey Brian,

Just saw your post. I didn't put any flagging up. I suppose I should probably start bringing some. I was actually following up on your waterfall hunting in that area. Was trying to find Fall Cr. but veered too far left into the next drainage and stumbled upon the Cold Springs trail on the way out. Went back later and corrected down to Fall Cr. I suspect I saw some of your flagging on the way out of that one. Super cool area. Remote and rugged. Thought briefly about heading up Wash Cr. to see that bigger waterfall there but didn't have nearly the energy for that.

Fall Creek eh? Nice. To get to it, I ended up taking the Cold Springs trail down to FR5430. I then took a right and headed to the end of the road at the big saddle. From the saddle, the falls were straight down the hill, felt like 1000 ft. Once at Fall Creek falls, I took the creek out to Wash Creek and headed downstream on the old road (54?) passing the turned over bridge. Once I reached the End of the Cold Springs trail on the road, I turned and took it all the way 3 miles back up to the paved road 4550. 

Page 2 / 2