Notifications
Clear all

April Guided Hike

Topic starter

If it pleases the Powers That Be, I would like to lead an April hike up Sounds of 2 Rivers to 4611 to the Roaring River.  It would be a free hike and sponsored by Trailadvocates and Green Cascadia.  Good to get the word out for both causes.

It would be a "meet at the Estacada Ranger Station" kind of thing.

Thanks, whattya think?

-Bob

7 Replies
Admin

I'm not sure who the "Powers That Be" are, but it sounds good to me.  Where are you thinking about going once down at the Roaring River?  I'm assuming you want to come down Grouse Point to the river?  Then back up the river to the highway?

Topic starter

Well, Donovan especially because the guided hikes were his thing.  It would be cool to have a couple of us trail guys involved to toot our horns ya know, and I get word out for my guide service on top of it.

I was thinking one way, down to the Roaring and back.  That Grouse loop is too far for sane people.

Huxley Lake is kind of messed up, lots of ATVs.  I don't know if it's the best destination any more.  

You guys have any suggestions for mid-April?  Dry Ridge?  MP3?  

What about the trail down from Lookout Springs to the Roaring River?  That's a hell of a hike and very remote at the bottom.  Assuming the snow is gone by then.

Admin

I'd love to go, but mid April (14th) is when I'm hoping to do my Salmonberry canyon hike (in the coast range).  16 mile shuttle hike through the old railroad grade that was destroyed in the 2007 "high water event".  It took out an auto bridge at Salmonberry, which is almost rebuilt now, but the RR line was abandoned.  It was built in the 20's.

Sounds like it would be a fun hike....Mid April might be a little early for some of those trails, though.  It depends on how much snow we get between now and then.

Admin

It's fine with me Bob. But I don't think it should be "sponsered" by TA. You have the permit.
I certainly feel that you can use the hell out of this forum to promote the hike.

I spent a lot of time waiting in the parking lot for no shows. That's why I stopped doing it. The site was young then and you will have more visibility than I did.

I had a guy show up with no water or pack once. Took a very heavy one too far once.

D.

Page 1 / 2