Facility on top of ...

Notifications
Clear all

Facility on top of Whale Head?

Topic starter

At the southern summit of Whale Head, there's a facility that shows up on the satellite imagery going back several years. Anyone know what it is? (I'm guessing something mundane like a microwave tower..?)Whale_head.jpg

20 Replies

I believe that's the FS radio repeater tower etc.  Probably alien monitoring too.

Admin

I took a look at the "old" aerial photos in google earth, and it looks like it has been there a while, however it is hard to tell.  The new photos are SO much more detailed than the old ones were.

It looks a lot bigger than the radio repeater up on Squaw Mountain.  It almost looks like there is something buried across the road from that complex as well.  Maybe it is a bunch of those "preppers" that have created a bunker on the top of Whalehead!

Topic starter

The site isn't registered with any towers or antennas that I could find. There's a gate a short ways down the road, something else to investigate I suppose

Admin

BrianEdwards said
The site isn't registered with any towers or antennas that I could find. There's a gate a short ways down the road, something else to investigate I suppose

Is the tower on Squaw Mountain registered somewhere?

Page 1 / 5