Forest Service "Dan...

Notifications
Clear all

Forest Service "Danger Tree Abatement Project"

Admin
Topic starter

Today, August 10th the Forest Service approved their "“Clackamas Fires Roadside Danger Tree Project" for immediate implementation.  You can see the details of the project here.  I do not see any ETAs or estimated dates in any of the documents I've reviewed, however the report does state that the work is urgent, so I have some hope that it may get done sooner than later.

There is a table on page 15 of this document that has all the affected roads and where the lie in the priority order.

If anyone finds any timetables or estimated dates I would appreciate you posting them.

2 Replies

Rob Williams said

If anyone finds any timetables or estimated dates I would appreciate you posting them.  

I didn't see any estimated dates, only this statement above the District Ranger's signature:

"Activities included in this decision may begin immediately." 

It's kind of doubtful that they will begin immediately, but at least it's something positive.  Now that they've cleared this administrative hurdle they can actually start doing what we've been waiting for them to start doing.

Admin
Topic starter

Doug Firman said

I didn't see any estimated dates, only this statement above the District Ranger's signature:

"Activities included in this decision may begin immediately." 

It's kind of doubtful that they will begin immediately, but at least it's something positive.  Now that they've cleared this administrative hurdle they can actually start doing what we've been waiting for them to start doing.  

The other comment that gives me a little hope is this:

"For these reasons, all this work is urgent. "

Lets hope that they really do consider it urgent and get things moving quickly.  I'm still flabbergasted that those log decks along 4610 haven't been hauled out of there yet.  They've been sitting for almost a year now - at some point those logs (that say they are part of a timber sale) are going to become worthless.  That could be money they could be using to pay for this work.