Notifications
Clear all

OH BOY Camp

Topic starter

Ok who's been fixin' abandoned trails out there?

After some work, found the trail down to the camp.  It's been flagged, brushed and logged.  About 1/4 mile.  Tried to find it across the river but it looks like the logging was too heavy.  Too bad.  The whole area is quite a mess for such a long way from town...

2 Replies

Trail Advocates is always a good place to learn something new, I had not heard of Oh Boy Forest Camp before so I poked around, here's a map fragment from the '63 MHNF map with the location and what I guess is the layout of the section of trail you were looking for.

Thx,

--Paul

Topic starter

That's the one.  In 1967 they extended the road and clearcut the hell out of the area, including the west side of the Collawash canyon past OH BOY.

There really isn't much to see down there, the rainforest is taking back what is hers.  An old metal fire grate and a collapsing wreck of a phone box.  Must have been an interim camp too before they extended the road.

I explored the possiblity of connecting OH BOY with the Elk Lk Ck. trail but the road was built over the trail.  So it goes.