Current conditions ...

Notifications
Clear all

Current conditions forum

Admin
Topic starter

Things have been VERY quiet here for quite some time.  I was thinking about something that might be helpful and wanted to know what other members thought.  One of the key things pieces of information, especially in the spring and fall, is what are the current conditions (snow levels, snow depths, as well as trail conditions - downed logs, washed out tread, etc)?  Reports on the ground are always helpful.  I started adding comments to trail pages when I hiked them, talking about the current condition of the trail, but that never seemed to catch on too much.   I was wondering if a forum dedicated to current conditions might be useful.  I know it could be posted in one of the existing forums, but I think maybe a dedicated forum for posting current conditions might be useful.

Any comments?  Thoughts?

2 Replies

Its well worth a try. You can't tell from town, and only those who have been up can clue us in. The Forest Service tries, but it always seems out of date.

Admin
Topic starter

I have created a new forum entitled Current Conditions.  We shall see if it gets used at all.  As you say, it is worth a try.

Thanks for the feedback.