Notifications
Clear all

Site slowness

Kirk

Thanks Rob, the site is working much better since you've worked your magic. Laugh

Sometimes it goes to that cloudflare? page, but just clicking through that has gone straight to the site.

Admin

I have disabled the cloudflare service, since it was doing strange things.  One thing it was supposed to do was to block these kinds of attacks before they even got here, but it seems to have other side effects as well.  I've installed an application firewall to block rogue logins to the site.  I've blocked connections from all countries except the US and Canada (which took care of a lot of the logins), and dealt with a few other rogue processes from the US and Canada which are now blocked.  I think the attacks have been pretty much mitigated at this point - at least as best as I can do.  I will continue to monitor things to see if we get any more attacks.

Thanks for all your work to keep this site going!

Admin

You are welcome, Joe.  Sometimes it is a royal pain (like recently with these attacks), but mostly it is a labor of love.  It is nice to know that the work that goes into the site is appreciated, however.  That makes it a little easier during the times when things are not working well.

Page 2 / 2