High Rock Springs P...

Notifications
Clear all

High Rock Springs Pooper

Topic starter

Repaired the inside, see pix if ya want.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff217/hambonebob/high%20rock%20outhouse%2010/

BTW, it works!  Not bad for 70 years old.  I wonder if High Rock Springs should be on the National Register due to it's CCC origins and intact structures?

4 Replies
Admin

Nice work.  It is evident you spent quite a bit of time fixing it!  Looks good.  I've never been up to High Rock Springs, but it is on my "to do" list.....

Topic starter

It's a really nice camp.  Quiet.  Lots of skeeters though because of the spring wetland area.

Admin

I finally visited this camp today, however I didn't see your pooper....All I saw were a few picnic tables and sites.  Maybe I didn't go down the road far enough?  I went down the 190 spur from the junction off the 4610 road where 190 and 240 (the road to Frazier turnaround) meet.

It was a beautiful area, though!

Hey Bob nice job on the pooper up at High Rock Spring that you and your friend did.

I finally got by there this last week while I was camping up by Signal Buttes for a few days. Went down into Cougar Creek on Friday with the rain and thunder and lightning and made some progress on locating  some tread, maybe a 1/4 or 1/3 mile, the rhodies were hell down there. On Saturday Rob and one of his friends named Kirk met me  and we hiked out to the Signal Buttes in the wind and rain. I would like to do it again on a dry clear day, for it seems like you can see forever up there. It is a fairly easy bushwack out there, well worth the trouble.

Don