Notifications
Clear all

Williams Lake

Topic starter

Been to this lake many times before. I read recently that there used to be some kind of development at the lake back in the day. Possibly a boy scout camp. there also is rumor of an old trail in the small patch of timber on the lakes lower side. 

If anyone knows the history of the lake, id appreciate it. Email is fine too

11 Replies

IMG_0093.jpgIMG_0094.jpgIMG_0097.jpgWilliams-Lake-001a.jpgThe one time that I hiked into Williams Lake, 3-4 years ago, I circled the lake and found the trail going down the creek. There was a signboard or plaque on the trail, but I don't think I took a photo, but remember that it was a BLM project. I hiked in mostly in old growth after the initial clearcut and road crossing that brought me to the southside of the lake, probably other approaches  would work.

Don

Topic starter

Thanks, Don.

where your map shows the blue trail, there's a beaver dam with a big pond behind it. Been there for many years. It was there in 2003 on my first trip up there, still there today! 

Admin

Some day I should make it up to that lake.

Major beaver area. Big house on the lake and that lower damn you mentioned that I had to walk across for the road was basically incorporated into the dam, smart beaver. Rob, you need to hike up to this lake, probably named after one of your dead relatives anyway. I think you can drive to the lake when the snows clear, or you used to be able to, for I had seen tire tracks on the road near the lake.

Page 1 / 3