Bagby Hotsprings In...

Notifications
Clear all

Bagby Hotsprings Info

Topic starter

On Monday I did a hike up Bagby Trail to Whetstone Mtn and returned to the Bagby TH via bike. A great day, only minimal fire damage on Bagby Trail and that was near the saddle above Silver King Lake. This is more a report on what I saw at the Bagby campground for those who might be interested. I stopped at the district office in Estacada and got the skinny on the new arrangement - the nice person told me to stop by Ripplebrook store for more information. I guess the store is run by the same concessionaire as the campground - had a lot more stuff for sale than I remember. Just for a souvenir, I purchased a soaking bracelet for $5. I went on to the campground and was quite pleased with what I saw (this was my first ever visit 'cause previously I would not leave my vehicle unattended at this TH). The campground was clean and there is a camp host right at the trailhead. I felt very comfortable leaving my vehicle there as I parked near the hosts campsite - nice to go hiking and not have those nagging concerns about smashed windows. Looks very family friendly. While people can express displeasure about the individual charge for using the hot-springs for hikers going on through, it's all free, no forest pass required.

Camp host on station.

Host.jpg

Lots of dumpsters for trash.

Dumpsters.jpg

If you want to use a tub, you got to get your color-coded wristband for $5.00/person. Each day they randomly change colors. Today was gold.

SoakingEristbands.jpg

Here's mine...

Wristband.jpg

Water for a dollar...

Water.jpg