Cripple Creek Trail...

Notifications
Clear all

Cripple Creek Trail March 22, 2014

Topic starter

From the standard starting point next to the big pipe I hiked up Cripple Creek Trail to just 2-300 yards beyond the wilderness boundary at the first pond. Beyond there the trail was to hard to follow in the water and snow so I bailed. I wanted to get to the Serene Lake overlook spot on the ridge. Not a lot of snow at 4100' - be all gone in a month. Going to be a long hiking season and a long fire season unless something cataclysmic happens. Scared up a coyote at the pond up there and on the way back ran into the business end of a skunk - no damage.

2 large logs on the trail at ~2500' level otherwise some small stuff - trail in general is in excellent condition. Nice day in the woods - I have big plans for a Cripple Creek - Dry Ridge loop bike 'n hike this summer. I'll post a photo or 2 later, here's a map. CrippleCreek.JPG

--Paul

3 Replies

Cripple Creek trail stays in good shape, someone must maintain it

Topic starter

Cripple Creek trail stays in good shape, someone must maintain it

I think locals, it is not in wilderness. Could be this ZB guy in the photo below - wonder who that could be?

Cache.jpgFish.jpgNew.jpgPond.jpgzb.jpgHardWork.jpgOld.jpg

ZB eh? Never met that guy.......Cool

Cripple Creek maintenance would seemingly be set up perfect for a shuttle, working downhill