Elk Lake Trail 559 ...

Notifications
Clear all

Elk Lake Trail 559 Waterfall..?

Topic starter

Greetings group,

Does anyone have a photo of the waterfall on Elk Lake Creek that's just a little bit upstream from the northern trailhead? I've read there's a spur trail to it off the 559.

Thanks

3 Replies

There's one here on my flickr page. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19191522@N06/2970986504/in/set-72157608346885793

I've got lots more if this one isn't what you want.  There is a short trail down to the stream in between the upper and lower falls.  The best view of the lower falls is from the opposite bank, just off the trail.

I was there last week.  The stream is not running quite as full as in this photo, but there's plenty of water going over the falls.

Topic starter

Nice. That creek is a biggin'. How'd you get to that view.. isn't that across the creek from the trail? 

The creek takes a 90-degree turn at the base of the lower waterfall.  This is the first point on the trail where you can actually see the creek. To get to the place where I took that photo, you don't have to cross the creek.  Just scramble downhill a short distance from the trail when the waterfall first comes into view.  Recent forest fires have cleared out the vine maples and so forth (for the time being, at least) so it's easy to get a good shot of the falls from there now.