Fire up the Clackam...

Notifications
Clear all

Fire up the Clackamas

I also posted a comment on the FS webpage asking for better pictures of the work or progress. I guess now that folks can't take pictures of burning trees and smoke, we don't get anything. Even ODOT was posting pics during the fire so I don't know why there seems to be such secrecy to what is going on out there.

Like I said, they're chopping down a bunch of burnt trees, not just ones near roads. Probably toeing a tight line in doing so

Wonder how much value a burnt log still has

Admin
Topic starter

BrianEdwards said
Like I said, they're chopping down a bunch of burnt trees, not just ones near roads. Probably toeing a tight line in doing so

Wonder how much value a burnt log still has

I would imagine a burnt log has almost as much value as an unbunrt log, assuming it was just the bark that was burnt. 

Interesting they never reported that end of 45 being open.  I wonder if 4610 and/or 4614 is open?

4610 was still closed yesterday at the promontory end

Admin

A little fuzzy on the science but I believe a burned tree dying gives off ethanol for a certain time period which is a bug trigger. The bugs in the right time and species will then quickly devalue the timber.

I have wondered if the short information was two factors. 1/no one knows and 2/leave a scant trail for future competency investigations.

D. 

Page 17 / 26