Fire up the Clackam...

Notifications
Clear all

Fire up the Clackamas

Admin
Topic starter

Bryon Boyce said
Directly from the North Fork River, probably with updated facilities. The reservoir would be dicey and generally they don't allow boating on water reservoirs.

I was a little surprised by this as I had heard years ago that they had lost the right-of-way for the gravity feed pipeline they once used. So one of these stories may not be true.

The North Fork?  Or the South Fork?  The North Fork would be all new stuff since there was never a diversion dam or anything there that I ever heard about.

That would definitely be an interesting development if they re-developed the South Fork infrastructure.

Pete Giordano397072624 said
PGE also has concerns that the shooting is too close to the new boating access area at MP35.

The recreational coordinator for the corridor is Kathleen Walker based out of the Sandy office. She would be a good person to cc any emails.

pete

Where did that day use area come from? If I'm correct they must've put it in during the closure, as it all seems pretty brand spanking new, and I certainly don't remember it being in during the summer.. strange.

I was just about to write Kimberly, but then I realized I sent her an email over the summer that she never replied back to.. 

I drove up the river on Sunday and there were 5 car loads of shooters at the 36 Pit. From what I could gather at the 60mph whizzing by, the targets seemed to have multiplied.

Rob Williams said

The North Fork?  Or the South Fork? 
That would definitely be an interesting development if they re-developed the South Fork infrastructure.

Sorry must be a bit Dotty. Its the south fork not north!

Seems like target practice should be a concern for the FS. Time to see if they are having any thoughts on the subject.

They have finally announced the final full reopening of 224 through the 36 Pit Fire area. Nothing in the news articles about any of the side roads, but at least direct access is fully open.

Pit Fire highway reopens

They've now installed a sturdy *closed* gate on the south end of the Memaloose bridge off 224. I doubt it'll be open anytime soon. Thank goodness there's another way into the area. 

Page 26 / 26