Forest Service Road...

Notifications
Clear all

Forest Service Road Study Comments and Outreach Meetings

Admin

I was thinking about going, but just found out I have a different meeting I have to go to on Wednesday.

Will be interested to hear what you find out.

Topic starter

Donald Presley said
Anybody planning on going to the meeting about the road study at the Clackamas River Ranger District in Estacada at 5:30 pm on Nov 5th? I plan on going and maybe eating a hamburger and drinking a pint at Fearless afterwards to digest the info.

Don

I should be there though possibly late as I will have to leave another meeting to make it on time. A pint and a little food will be fine since I won't have time to eat with two meetings starting at 3.

Bryon, it would be nice to finally see the one of faces behind the names of those who post a lot on this website and who also has a desire to keep open access to the trails of the Clackamas River Ranger District. Should be an interesting meeting!

Don

Admin

I'm hoping you post a full report of the meeting after you get home.  I wish I could go - but I did send in my comments already.

Topic starter

I will be asking questions -

Is this a result of budget cuts at the congressional level?

What is the approach the FS to bringing road repair funds with the amount of roads to be maintained / repaired?

How much of the road system has been upgrading to enable forest fire fighting while the fires are burning? I have observed brushing out, grading and graveling as needed for fire fighting, which is what the road system needs.

What level of importance is  attached to trail access and other recreational uses?

I will most likely be representing the Clackamas River Basin Council, meeting at 3 to gain board approval.

Page 2 / 6