FS46 snow level?

Notifications
Clear all

FS46 snow level?

Topic starter

I know snow level is pretty high right now but am unsure whether the road from Estacada to Detroit is passable now or not. Forest Service hasn't updated their page since Dec., sign at Estacada says it's closed but folks at Olallie Lake Resort had heard it was already open.

Anyone been up there?

Thanks. pete

9 Replies

I was actually surprised how low the snow still is. There's still heavy snow below 4000' in many places up the Clackamas right now.

Mt Hood was at 100% of normal snowpack as of last night. This last weekend seen upwards of 6" of snow down to 3,000 ft on South Fork Mtn alone

Admin

Looks like the resort has changed hands again:

http://www.olallielakeresort.com/

D.

Admin

I camped at Music Creek last weekend, and we got 2" of snow on Saturday night.  There is still a good bit of snow up there in places (north facing slopes), and I would highly doubt if Olallie is open now.  The only way it would be open I think is if they plowed the road a few times.  Up until a couple of weeks ago, I could have believed it, but we got quite a bit of late season snow recently.

I would be shocked if you could get all the way through to Detroit right now.

Topic starter

Thanks everyone! Will have to wait until a bit later to do some kayak exploring.

Page 1 / 2