Serene Lake loop in...

Notifications
Clear all

Serene Lake loop including lost trail

Topic starter

Greg and I hiked the Serene Lake loop last weekend. We'd heard horrible things about the road to Frazier Turnaround so started at Hideaway Lake instead. We hiked up past Shellrock Lake to Frazier Turnaround, then on to the Rock Lakes, to Serene Lake, then looped around to Cache Meadow, which is looking really nice now. From Cache Meadow we picked up a "lost trail" that is a shortcut back down to the Shellrock Lake Trail. It was pretty easy to follow in most spots and shaved a couple miles off of our return trip. 

No mosquitoes whatsoever, but there are still enormous patches of snow above 4,600 feet. 

Serene Lake:
Serene Lake.

Snow:
Snow

Cache Meadow:
Cache Meadow

The lost trail:
Lost trail

GPS Track

3 Replies

Good to see that lost trail surviving. From reports over the last few years, it appears to be getting boot traffic. It shaves off many steps as said.

Rob and I encountered a few trees down on the "lost trail" last year, but I failed to bring my crosscut saw to cut them out. Nice to know it's being used for it does save some mileage on those loop hikes.

Welcome justpeachy.

Admin

Nice to see the pictures Peach. And hear the reports. Glad you could make use of the old route.

D.