What trail am I on?

Notifications
Clear all

What trail am I on?

Admin

I was going to guess it was somewhere in the Olallie Lake area - those trails are notorious for being rivers in the spring and fall, but I don't recognize it...

Kirk

Rob Williams said:

I was going to guess it was somewhere in the Olallie Lake area - those trails are notorious for being rivers in the spring and fall, but I don't recognize it...

To me, the flora doesn't look right for Olallie.  I'll make a guess. How about the Rhododendron Creek Trail?

Good guess, Kirk.  It's the Rho Creek trail, not too far from the remains of the old guard station.

Rob Williams said:

That is the section of trail right before you get to Big Slide Lake, isn't it?  I was thinking that might have been the place, but I didn't remember it being so high up on the slide area.  Although when you posted the clue about zooming in on the distant peak, I saved the photo and saw the name and I knew what it was.....Great photo!  Was it really taken in March?

The photo was taken just before Big Slide Lake, I am pretty sure I was on the trail, but in that depth of snow it was difficult to tell.  The lookout is somewhat visible in the distance.  I will have to watch what file names I give the photos on future postings....  Photo was taken in March, gogeous day, I was pretty impressed at two backpackers I ran into who camped overnight at an ice/snow covered Big Slide Lake. 

Admin

Doug Firman said:

Good guess, Kirk.  It's the Rho Creek trail, not too far from the remains of the old guard station.

So that is why I don't recognize it!  I've not been on that trail past the upper road crossing!

Need to add that to the list....

Page 60 / 193