Notifications
Clear all

Road 57

Admin
Topic starter

I was out yesterday and noticed that the gate to road 57 was open.  I drove up the road about 3 miles before having to turn around due to the road being blocked by heavy machinery.  Those first 3 miles are being HEAVILY cut out, but most of the cutting appears to be done so hopefully it will get cleaned up and finished soon so they can re-open the road.  There were a few other curious souls who had driven up the road as well.

20240224 152502
20240224 152902
4 Replies

I think they needed to replace 2 or 3 culverts as well. I stopped asking about this since they've missed every timeline they previously stated.

Mt Hood also just mentioned on Facebook that the contractor said they were halfway done with tree work....

And the contract allows them to work all through 2024. Sigh.

Admin
Topic starter

Half way done?  We were able to drive just about to the edge of the burn and they cut like crazy.  If they are only half done they are nuts......  I guess we will see when it opens, just like everywhere else has been.  I'm just astounded at how long all this has taken.

1 Reply

Yea, maybe it's like 224 when there initial estimates were to cut all the way up to the ridgeline and then they adjusted and didn't cut anywhere close. I can't figure it all out and why it would take months to put in a couple culverts. I also heard they were done cutting up the Sandstone Road but have no idea what plans are for opening that road again.