PGE's Oak Grove Hyd...

Notifications
Clear all

PGE's Oak Grove Hydroelectric Project

Admin

Once it's online, it's out of your hands.

It's best to put as little online as possible if you are not prepared to see it pop up unexpectedly.

What amazes me about the pipeline is ductile(?) iron, the riveting done on site, the endurance, the bedding/back filling (hydraulic) reliably lighting Portland homes for nearly a hundred years.

D 2 

I agree D2...some things are better left unsaid.

Also heard mention of the hydraulic-mining removal of a ridge near Cripple Creek that was in the way.  Remember that weird grade along Cripple Creek trail you showed me?

Can you imagine Big Bottom underwater?  What a loss that would have been.  They took a mess of old Hemlocks on the ridges just above.

Admin

Lake Big Bottom. Hmm.

Well Bob, I can imagine it underwater. Surrounded by second homes of affluent Portlantics.

The road would stay open all year. And there would be espresso and micro breer. Big Bottoms IPA.

Cheers!

But seriously, I have often wondered, if I had to build a city in the woods, where would I put it.

D-2

Ripplebrook!  Or even 3-Lynx.

Admin

Ripplebrook is a nice site. Not in a deep shadow. Already wired and plumbed. Phone and internet. And the power company keeps some semblance of order up there.

But, living up there can be extremely dull. After a while one can't get down to the settlements too soon. Even just to Estacada. It needs about 50,000 residents to make it livable.

D 2

Page 3 / 8