Notifications
Clear all

Silvertip

Admin
Topic starter

So with all the recent hullabaloo about the Oak Grove Work station, I was looking at the map for other "areas" that showed buildings.  There is an area called Silvertip near the Oak Grove Work center (just down the pipeline a bit - less than a mile).  Anyone know if there is anything left there?  It looks like it is right off 4630, but I don't ever remember seeing anything but what looked like camping sites there.

4 Replies
Admin

I believe there are concrete pads left. 

People like to camp there.

D 2

Donovan said
I believe there are concrete pads left. 

People like to camp there.

D 2  

yep there's a couple of concrete pads. also a lot of imported plants. fruit trees, rose brush. we have found all of the homesteads. water faucets, rock stair walks, old rock fire pits, old bottles. 4630 rd towards harriet lake on the left there"s a old mining cabin.

Admin
Topic starter

Interesting.  I've never seen that cabin on 4630, but maybe I was always too busy either driving or looking off to the right.  How far past Silvertip is the cabin?

Silvertip used to be a logging camp way back when I guess.  It was given to the FS when the camp closed.

Rob Williams said
Interesting.  I've never seen that cabin on 4630, but maybe I was always too busy either driving or looking off to the right.  How far past Silvertip is the cabin?

Silvertip used to be a logging camp way back when I guess.  It was given to the FS when the camp closed.  

Rob Williams said

Rob Williams said

Rob Williams said

Rob Williams said

Rob Williams said

It's about half way to harriet lake. There's a pipe line house on the right and a old road across from it going up hill it's a short hike or drive if in 4x4. It's the first road to the left coming from slivertip. Once your at the cabin you can see 4630 rd about 100 yards down hill