Notifications
Clear all

Surprise Lake

Admin

Tammi73 said
We found a way to surprise lake via Skookum Lake.  Drop Down to the road go to the right find a tree with an upside down exclamation point and look for orange flags marking the way.  It is rough going someone needs to clear the path but it can be done. A man named Paul and a couple people doing geocache have set up trails and hike it often

Interesting.  I would love to see this route laid out on a map.  Since Surprise Lake is NNE of Skookum, I'm having a hard time visualizing it.  Is this mostly cross country travel?  On a flagged route?  I did a rough track following a creek that looks like it wouldn't be too extreme (except for underbrush) and it was about 2 miles from Skookum.

Those guys at the Skookum Lake trek & camp event are some adventurous folks!

Climbing all over the upper Fish Creek drainage on foot in search of Caches is a heck of a workout. 

If one is willing to bushwack, one can get from Skookum to Surprise Lake, or anywhere else they have time for

Rob Williams said

Tammi73 said
We found a way to surprise lake via Skookum Lake.  Drop Down to the road go to the right find a tree with an upside down exclamation point and look for orange flags marking the way.  It is rough going someone needs to clear the path but it can be done. A man named Paul and a couple people doing geocache have set up trails and hike it often

Interesting.  I would love to see this route laid out on a map.  Since Surprise Lake is NNE of Skookum, I'm having a hard time visualizing it.  Is this mostly cross country travel?  On a flagged route?  I did a rough track following a creek that looks like it wouldn't be too extreme (except for underbrush) and it was about 2 miles from Skookum.

I think it is the old 350  I am not sure but there's a group going in around October and this Paul said he was going back in August.  He left Friday morning hiked into Skookum over to surprise up wash and back out by Sunday afternoon.  What a feat but it is being done monthly at a minimum.  Maybe leave a note in the cache on Skookum trail to get more information sooner. 

Tammi73 said

Rob Williams said

Tammi73 said

I think it is the old 350  I am not sure but there's a group going in around October and this Paul said he was going back in August.  He left Friday morning hiked into Skookum over to surprise up wash and back out by Sunday afternoon.  What a feat but it is being done monthly at a minimum.  Maybe leave a note in the cache on Skookum trail to get more information sooner. 

Here is the numbers from Paul's geocache called "Dotted I" (GC4MC7N).

Top of flagging trail starts @ N 45*00.420/ W 122*09.831

Bottom of trail meets old road @ N45*00.428/ W 122*10.196

BrianEdwards said
Those guys at the Skookum Lake trek & camp event are some adventurous folks!

Climbing all over the upper Fish Creek drainage on foot in search of Caches is a heck of a workout. 

If one is willing to bushwack, one can get from Skookum to Surprise Lake, or anywhere else they have time for

I'm planning to attend the Skookum event again this year. Good times for sure.

Page 4 / 11