What trail am I on?

Notifications
Clear all

What trail am I on?

Admin

Donovan said

Bryon Boyce said
Speaking of which, what is the history on the water source?  I don't think its the FS keeping it in good repair.

I made a new lid for it about ten years ago.

So where is this mystery water source located? I've not seen it. Anyone have a photo?

Topic starter

IMG_0326.jpgIMG_0411.jpg

You must be talking about Round Spring, the water source for Hawk Mtn. lookout located a few 100 feet before you reach Round Meadow and the trail to the old lookout site and cabin. The spring sign, what was left of it was in the cabin back in 2008 when it was painted the last time.

Admin

Ye olde Hamms cooler looks pretty good in that picture.

D 2

Heres a slightly different view. Its to the right on the climb nearing Round Meadow. I didn't know it was called Round Spring. Took this photo on a sunny November day in 2008.

Water_Source-30.jpg

OK this is an abandoned trail NOT in a wilderness, although it came from one behind me. I found this piece many years ago looking for a waterfall (There wasn't one). In researching this trail afterwards, I came across a Donovan post from a very long time ago indicating he'd found this exact spot.

Big hint: There is a paved road in the background behind the rocky hump.TA_Guess.jpg

Page 32 / 46