What trail am I on?

Notifications
Clear all

What trail am I on?

Mt Lowe?

Topic starter

Not Mount Lowe.

Fish Creek Mountain? And wow, that looks like a lot of snow for June!

Topic starter

Dylan said

We have a winner! I had to check my photos and it was taken back in May 24, 2009. There wasn't any snow all the way up the trail until we got to the very top and then there was a 3-4' snowdrift. I used to always find a snowdrift or two on the trail down to the lake on Father's Day weekend when my son and I would hike in to fish. 

So Dylan, you get the job of posting another photo from a trail in the district.

Donald Presley said

Dylan said

We have a winner! I had to check my photos and it was taken back in May 24, 2009. There wasn't any snow all the way up the trail until we got to the very top and then there was a 3-4' snowdrift. I used to always find a snowdrift or two on the trail down to the lake on Father's Day weekend when my son and I would hike in to fish. 
So Dylan, you get the job of posting another photo from a trail in the district.

I thought that view of Mt. Jefferson and Olallie Butte was pretty unmistakable, with the Clackamas far below. We're definitely overdue for at least a normal winter after these past two. The east side of the mountain down to High Lake seems to be notorious for holding snow in a typical year. 

IMG_0728.JPG

What (abandoned) trail am I on?

Page 40 / 46