Fish Creek Mtn Trai...

Notifications
Clear all

Fish Creek Mtn Trail #541

Topic starter

The trail is cutout with the exception of one 2 foot plus one down near the lake that I wasn't comfortable cutting. The hike with family members of the couple that manned the lookout in1945 is next Saturday. Wish me luck, with the dozen or so people going up to the old lookout site. I hope to get back up there again next week when I am on vacation to brush out the trail down to the lake that is getting bad.

4 Replies
Admin

Remember to take pictures.....I'd still love to see the backdoor trail.  Been busy with my dad, but should be able to get back to hiking soon.

Topic starter

Rob Williams said:

Remember to take pictures.....I'd still love to see the backdoor trail.  Been busy with my dad, but should be able to get back to hiking soon.

I was just thinking about you and wondering what you have been up to otherthan planning a hike with your daughter on Opal Creek. I am on vacation next week and plan on going in on the backdoor trail to brush out the trail into High Lake. I am busy Saturday with "THE HIKE" and I will be gone Friday thru Sunday the 23-25 of July with a family reunion in Huntington, Oregon, but Monday thru Thursday I have open for hiking and trailwork. Do you have any time off during the week?

I was up at S. Fork last weekend, didn't ya see me waving?

Lovely up there.  Cleared the trail down to the road too.  What a tangle! 

Topic starter

Did some brushing out from the lookout site down to the junction, and down the main trail through the saddle were the rhodies and huckleberries were having fun, and also cleared down towards the lake about half way down before running out of steam. On my way back down the road off Whale Head, I saw a USFS rig coming up the road with his top lights flashing. I didn't think much about it except when I was down by the reservoir, I kept seeing firecrew rigs heading up the road. When I crested  the hill above the reservoir I could see smoke coming over the ridge on top of Whale Head from where I had just came from. Has anyone heard of a fire up on Whale Head this afternoon? They are logging out towards the air strip on Whale Head (5410)and also have the road all torn apart above where the airstrip road takes off up to the 5411 road.