What trail am I on?

Notifications
Clear all

What trail am I on?

Well done Don. I know its visited by quads, but to hike there was challenging. Couple years ago I went up over thunder mtn then bushwhacked through thick clearcuts to get down to the old road that leads up to the lake. It's going to take some gumption to tackle that route again.

Topic starter

I don't have a lot of photos to choose from, but I will give this one a try.

The trail is currently in one of the new wilderness areas.

Admin

Zack Byerly said:

Well done Don. I know its visited by quads, but to hike there was challenging. Couple years ago I went up over thunder mtn then bushwhacked through thick clearcuts to get down to the old road that leads up to the lake. It's going to take some gumption to tackle that route again.

Well, I can tell you that getting there by quad was no easy task, either.  After having done it, I'm not sure I want to do it again.  Travelling those bumpy, ripped up, washed out, overgrown old roads is tough, even on a quad.  After doing that trip, I was sore for 3 days!  It is a very cool area, and there are some nice places to camp at that lake, but it is VERY tough to get to it now.  With the quad activity officially banned, it is going to get even less visits now.

Don, nice pull on the trees, etc.  I didn't think I was giving too much away, but you guys are GOOD!

Thanks Rob,

I feel a little better now.  When I chose my route to Surprise Lake, I thought I would be exploring the Shangri La of Fish Creek solitude.  Upon arrival though I realized that others had the luxury of making the trip with quads.  It was a bittersweet experience.  Your story of suffering has restored my pride to a degree.

Don:

Was your pic taken from the 'Sound of Two Rivers' trail on the way up to the abandoned meth lab?

Admin

It is a very cool area....I'd love to backpack in there and camp for a couple nights.  I'd still like to try and come in from the south end and see how tough that route is.  There is so much exploring I'd like to do in that area!

Don:  I'm wondering if that is up the switch creek trail?  It looks vaguely familiar.

Page 34 / 193