What trail am I on?

Notifications
Clear all

What trail am I on?

Topic starter

Zack you are right. So it is your turn to post  a photo. I didn't think it would take someone very long to figure out that trail if they had been on it before.  That section of trail is my favorite spot on the trail and stays fairly clear of snow during the winter. With the trailhead at around a 1000 feet, it can usually be reached all winter, unless we really get dumped on. A couple of winters ago, I climbed up that trail at least 4 times during the winter giving me some much needed exercise.

I haven't been up there since last spring, so I don't know if the old meth lab has been cleaned up  or not.

Rob: The trail is very similiar to the Switch Creek in the way it follows the ridge and the many switchbacks.

Don

Admin

Donald Presley said:

Rob: The trail is very similiar to the Switch Creek in the way it follows the ridge and the many switchbacks.

I was on that trail once, a few years ago.  That was my epic adventure with Paul, the one that almost killed me….. :)

I hiked the two rivers trail not that long ago so that ridgeline was still fresh in my mind.  And as far as I know the trash heap is still present.  I'm not familiar with the switch creek trail, is it hikable this time of year?

Here's the next picture:

Rob:

If I was to do that surpise lake trip again, I would definitely stay out there a night or two.  Lots of exploring to do, and I have a hunch it may contain a few more of these lake creatures:

Admin

Zack:

Is that trout from Surprise Lake?  Or some other lake?  I've seen some nice trout out of Serene Lake, Big Slide Lake, and a couple of others, but none that big…

At least the bottom part of switch creek is hikeable most of the year.  I forget what elevation it is, but the lower sections aren't too high.

On the trail photo, any hints?  Is this an official trail, an unofficial, abandoned or lost trail, off-trail?  Is it in a wilderness area?

Rob:

Yes, that fish did come from Surprise Lake and it is easily the biggest trout I have ever caught in the Clack Dist. I kind of took it as my reward for the hard work put in to get there, it was a very surreal experience. I often imagine the damage I could do in a couple days spent up there.

The picture was taken from an unofficial trail I believe, definitely not in a wilderness area. I learned about it from a discussion thread on here a while back. It may be hard to see, but the actual trail is on the far right of the picture.

Page 35 / 193