What trail am I on?

Notifications
Clear all

What trail am I on?

If it's the trail I've been hearing about lately that's several miles long, then I'll check out too

Topic starter

So if anyone else wants to post a photo of a trail that won't cause a controversy and keep this game going, please do. When I spend over 90% of my time on abandoned trails, I sometimes forget to use some restraint when it comes to sharing some of the finds. Sorry for the tease!

Don

Kirk

I think you were on this trail today and whenever I looked east and saw the hills, I was feeling quite envious.

Especially after Donovan's description. And I quote, "This perhaps should be one of those best not outed online but in person only. On foot. In person. Wafting breeze, good company, warm beer."

Did you reach your objective today? And, do you have any pictures or stories of trail "Z" you'd be willing to share with us envious working stiffs?

Admin

Sounds like we need to see some more pictures.

D 2

Topic starter

IMG_3983.jpgIMG_3984.jpgIMG_3986.jpgIMG_3990.jpgIMG_3972.jpgIMG_3966_1.jpgFinished up the "Z" Trail adventure today. 90-95% of the tread has been located in that undisturbed section of 2-3 miles, just a few small rhody sections to search out. This trail has a half a dozen or more viewpoints, mostly to the east. A little chilly with that east wind, but it was fun to be out in the sun.

I don't have a habit of taking too many photos, so I will have to use some from our previous outing a week ago. The 1st photo shows where the trail comes out to the south, about 20 yards above that white dirt bank. The 2nd & 3rd photos are looking to the NW and NE from the saddle where the trail came out. The 4th photo is of one of 4 or 5  dykes that bisect the ridge along the trail. The 5th photo is of an arch next to the trail. The 6th photo is of Oak Grove Butte across the way. The 5th & 6th photos were taken last week, hence the overcast skies. I guess I need to take more photos of the trail itself, probably next year at this point. There was a little dusting of snow in the shadows when we were above 5000' today and last week.

Don

Page 2 / 68