Whitewater Bridge t...

Notifications
Clear all

Whitewater Bridge trail?

Topic starter

Does anyone know anything about a trail going uphill from the old closed road at Whitewater Bridge? Whitewater is the bridge just downstream of the Powerhouse at 3 Lynx. There is an old road that goes to an old fish stocking pipe and I think the old bridge. There is pink flagging going uphill (pretty steep)to the south and I suspect connects with the Clackamas River trail. Don't know if this is an official trail or what's going on. No signage but obviously a constructed trail.

8 Replies

Yes, that is the CRT connector trail. The forest service even maintains it. It's too bad they took out the gate last year and bermed it, it was a great place to park.

Admin

An access route for trail work. Not spose to be so obvious. But hard to avoid when a wilderness trail runs along side a highway.

D 2

Topic starter

Thanks guys. Is it new? I don't remember it there last year at all or maybe it wasn't flagged?

The flagging was added within the last two years by a forest service volunteer. Just so happens that I first met him while he was brushing out that connector trail.

Page 1 / 2