What trail am I on?

Notifications
Clear all

What trail am I on?

Admin

I tell you what Dylan. Why don't you go ahead and put up another picture since that one was so easy.

D Too

Donald Presley said
That bottom section of the Bissell trail between the two roads was an ATV route back in 2011, that's why I left the blow down above the 4614, but cleared it the rest of the way to Old Baldy. We have the same ATV problem up at Huxley Lake in the Roaring River wilderness.

Funny you mentioned that, as one of the first hikes I took in the district was down to Huxley Lake almost 2 summers ago. Unsurprisingly, I encountered dirt bikers once I got down to the lake. They told me they came from the lower trailhead since the old Lookout Springs Campground has been heavily bermed. At that time, I had no idea what the laws were surrounding offroading. Maybe they didn't either, but now that I think about it, they took off pretty fast after I chatted them up.. What an eroded mess of a road the OHV's turned that upper stretch of the Huxley Lake trail into. yellI remember vowing to never return unless I found where the lower TH is or if the tread was reworked into switchbacks from Lookout Springs. 

Where is this cedar growing in the middle of a creekbed? IMG_20150417_154537_521-1-compressed.jpg

Topic starter

I'm just going to make a guess and say either Rho Creek or Tumble Creek along the Rho Creek Trail?

The last time I hiked into Huxley Lake from the bottom end a couple of years ago we also ran into dirt bikes ripping up the trail. Before leaving we drug a few logs back onto the trail. Kind of counter productive to clearing trails, but how else are we to deal with low info forest users who don't know what a wilderness is.

Donald Presley said
I'm just going to make a guess and say either Rho Creek or Tumble Creek along the Rho Creek Trail?

The last time I hiked into Huxley Lake from the bottom end a couple of years ago we also ran into dirt bikes ripping up the trail. Before leaving we drug a few logs back onto the trail. Kind of counter productive to clearing trails, but how else are we to deal with low info forest users who don't know what a wilderness is.

Have not hiked Rho Ridge yet due to the alleged spooky factor on that one. Hint is that the trail crosses many creeks as it ascends. 

It's hard to enforce rules when all the signs get shot up so quick, I wonder how the no shooting order is going over on 4610?

Page 43 / 46